Friday, April 25, 2008

Last Day in Costa Rica

Well this is my last post before I go home. I have to tell you that I cant believe I am admitting it but for the first time in more years than I can remember I am actually feeling emotional about saying goodbye to something or someone.

The Pura Vida as they say (pure life) of Costa Rica has really been good to me. I havent felt this calm and cool in several years. In the last 25 days, I have been to two oceans, seen amazing sights, made new friends, rich and poor, from all over the world, and had an opportunity to learn about really interesting culture.

Jose is coming to get me and I am on my flight back. I am concerned that I am going to feel some "reverse culture shock" after acclimating to this but it will be very interesting to see how Pittsburgh feels when I get there.

What have I learned from this trip? I think most importantly I have learned that the world is worth seeing and that the education that you get from experiencing other cultures and the people that come with that is something everyone should do if they get a chance. It changes you. I humbles you and it helps keep a perspective of your relative contribution to things (if you are open to it).

I want to thank you all for reading the blog and paying attention to these events. I will probably not write in this blog anymore after I return but I will save all of this for my future memories for sure. I will however be blogging regularly at www.bootstrapper.com and contributing to that online community so stay tuned!

No comments: