Thursday, April 3, 2008

Costa Rica Day 3 Morning

I am still learning about this whole Blog thing. I am not sure if I should make one post for the whole trip, or just make seperate posts for each entry. I imagine I should make a seperate post so I am gonna try that. Please hang with me until I figure it out.

Blogging is a cool new experience, its like a Diary with Accountability! :)

O.K. Day 3 - This morning went fast, got a maid to iron my clothes which was different. They dont even let you have an Ironing board and iron, you have to have houskeeping iron your clothes!

I got this cool electronic interperter that does words (I opted out of the expensive one with the annunciation and phrasing) and I am learning to use it to piece together phrases I want to say.

Well I think I might have mentioned that I had this great dish (Gallo Pinto) and a great glass of wine here at a restaurant yesterday. I went back again for the same selection, and this time I had my handy dandy electronic device in tow, determined to find out from this woman what kind of wine it was.

I ordered "Pico De Gallo y devino blanco porfavor" She said it back, and I replied: "Si"
She brought back the food an glass of wine, and this time, determined to finish the mission of finding out what kind of delicious wine was that I had been thinking about all day yesterday....I pieced together: "Que Marca devino Blanco?" and pointed at the glass, she reacted without any type of expression that would cause my ego to retreat: "Si, Devino Blanco es Casiellro Del Diablo" I gestured like i wanted her to write it down, she did. Success! Now the wine tasted even better.

Call me over analytical but Its kind of amazing to me how our world is made up of words, and how those words affect your ability to feel a part of that world. Just seeing small indicators can help make you feel a part of things. Like a truck riding by and seeing "Leche" on the side and knowing its milk...well it gives a sense of security as you can interpret whats happening around you. I mean I dont know much yet but do know that the world opens up as you learn more.

Anyway enough deep talk....I put a pic in this blog but you can see more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/noweaver that I uploaded today.

More later.....

No comments: