Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 5 and 6 In CR

First of all I cant tell you how crazy, and adventurous that the last 36 hours has been.

I am going to try and condense alot of this in to points and only give commentary where necsessary. I am tired and my grammar/spelling might be off a bit but I am determined to push through this and get this post done.

O.K. So I started off yesterday morning at 5am getting to the tour bus at 6:15 outside the hotel. The bus was pretty full and very uncomfortable but we set out for 3 hours on back roads that are badly maintained that go over mountains, speeds of over 30 miles per hour were very rare.








By about 9 we stopped at a traditional roadside restaraunt and was fed a traditional Tico Breakfast with fried plantain, beans and rice MAYONAISE, eggs and fresh fruit with some kind of cheese I have no idea.










We stopped at an Alligator safari (those are alligators behind me, and I got to ride up a river with a guy who actually got out and fed wild alligators chicken pieces. It was amazing.




















We kept going and ended up at the beach. One Word. Divine. Greenish blue water and white sandy beaches. I met some cool people including a Christian missionary girl who just finished up a mission in India, a business man from Brazil and a guy from Moscow.
















There were no lockers at the Beach so we kind of played buddy system and took pics for each other to make sure passports were safe. I went swimming, awesome time.


















Shortly after I decided to go have a Margharita (Mango...oooh)
and then we made the ride home.

O.K. so pics are a pain to upload here so I am going to keep typing and tell you what happened the rest of the time, and I will upload to my site so you can see the rest but this might not be until tomorrow.

Anyway, I ended up in Escazu last night with the Real Estate broker friend I told you about (Jeanie). Had a blast. She showed me the real good areas of San Jose, mostly in Escazu (BMW Dealership even!) and we went to cool places for Tapas, and even went to an authentic Flamenco dancer/guitarist and she convinced them to take me up on stage in front of the place which was pretty incredible. After making a complete ass of myself, we ended up at a club/live music venue where she was meeting some of her other guy friends, who happened to be managers of banks, club owners and entrepreneurs. I took a cab back to my hotel. Awesome time.

Day 6

I woke up and realized that I didnt have a hotel room to go to that night and the apartment wasnt ready so I decided to get online and start looking for a place to stay in this country this evening.

I found an ad on Craigs List that stated that someone was looking for someone to do handy work and help web stuff (interesting combination), In return for free room and board. I dont know what inspired me to do it but I called the ad.

I talked with "Vicki" on the phone who was the owner of The Fountains Guest House/The House of Self Empowerment, which is an INCREDIBLE facility that is smack dab in the middle of Escazu (My now favorite area). I learned she needed someone to teach a class at her facility on blogging, and that she needed some help with her web site for Medical Tourism. She asked me to come over and interview, and that she would send a car for me.

"Henry" showed up on time, and after watching Henry almost kill an old man with his van he took me to this amazing place on a nice chunk of secluded land in the middle of the town of Escazu. I was greeted by Large Iguana's and roosters running across the yard, and went in to talk with her about the possiblities. After hours of haggling about price, hours and tasks, we had worked out a deal for me to stay in private quarters in her facility for the remained of my stay. Its VERY modern, new, nice and secluded. So basically I have a Job now and I am earning my keep temporarily. Vicki is a very nice wellness expert and the place has some serious class. Her website is http://www.fountainsguesthouse.com/ I put some of those pics below and will upload my own too. Very comfortable, very lush and green and its built for relaxation and personal spirtual/emotional work. It was so Bizarre how it all went down. I am feeling very lucky and *cough* like maybe I should take advantage of the opportunity relax? Pretty interesting.






I am actually really excited.

Whats happening to me in this country?

Pics will be uploaded at some point.

Will write more tomorrow.

No comments: