Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 4 Early

Well 4 days here in Costa Rica.....Bitter Sweet for me today. Things at the company are tough and although Ken is doing a great job of holding down the fort I sense the absence of my presence is affecting things.

For awhile this morning I really didnt even feel like doing anything but working. I got up and decided to book a Day tour to the beach (cheap) and I am going with a small group tomorrow morning at 6am. I worked up the gumption to take a run and go find a Gym. I found a small one nearby for 1000 colognes a day (2 bucks) and lifted. I learned yesterday that Pedestrians do NOT have the right away here, which really explains alot about how you can almost hit someone and nobody care. I watched Jose miss a pregnant woman that jumped out of the way of the car (missed by inches) carrying another baby going about 30 MPH, nobody flinched. After making fun of it for years when i drive, I know now that I have my mothers passenger seat brake pedal in my DNA for sure. On top of that all the sidewalks are like 1/2 the size of ours so that makes for some real bad chemistry on the streets. I was on my P's and Q's for the run.

Good work out, I jogged there and back in the Tropical Rain which was very neat. I dont know if this is true but i read that when you are from other places people come up to you and talk to you (both foreign and domestic) and I havent really experienced any of it. I was told yesterday that the reason I don't is because I dont look American. Thanks for that gift Mom and Dad. If it is the reason I will take being lonely over looking like a gringo! :) . I dont dress nice at all and dont carry maps or a camera with me when I am out which is one reason I dont go out much and I dont have alot of photo's to post.

Tomorrow I will bust out my sexy passport pouch necklace, make like a Transformer and convert myself to a Tourist for the day and see how that feels. 2 hour bus ride to the beach and I am going to be going up a river that has big crocodiles and monkeys etc. Hopefully get some good pics to see.

-D

No comments: